I thought this was sufficiently interesting to merit a post. I ran a quick report to see what books and other items people had purchased on this blog after clicking product links that I have placed for items on sold on Amazon. Some of what you will see below is unsurprising. When I place a link for Frank Wildman’s “Change Your Age” you would expect some people to click the link and buy the book. Frank’s book has sold more on my blog that Anat’s book but I posted twice on Frank’s book, but only once on Anat’s.
Amazon also gives tracks if a person clicks a link to a product but buys something else. And the “something else” that you will see below is kind of fun…
Here are the top 25 items:
2) The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles (7 Copies Sold)
3) The Feldenkrais Method: Teaching by Handling (6 Copies Sold)
4) Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality (5 Copies Sold)
5) Body Awareness as Healing Therapy: The Case of Nora (5 Copies Sold)
6) Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life’s Work (5 Copies Sold)
7) Influence: Science and Practice (5th Edition) (4 Copies Sold)
8 ) The Art of Slowing Down (3 Copies Sold)
9) Embodied Wisdom: The Collected Papers of Moshe Feldenkrais (3 Copies Sold)
10) Feldenkrais:The Busy Person’s Guide to Easier Movement (3 Copies Sold)
11) Rolfing and Physical Reality (3 Copies Sold)
12) Hare Brain, Tortoise Mind: How Intelligence Increases When You Think Less (3 Copies Sold)
13) Against Method (Fourth Edition) (2 Copies Sold)
15) Mindful Spontaneity: Lessons in the Feldenkrais Method (2 Copies Sold)
16) Pooh and Friends Tab Board Book (2 Copies Sold) I have no explanation.
17) The Betrayal of the Self: The Fear of Autonomy in Men and Women (2 Copies Sold)
18) Thinking in Systems: A Primer (2 Copies Sold)
19) Steelx Stainless Steel NECKLACES Shiny finish, lobster clasp W:W: 2 mm Size : 18″ (2 Copies Sold)
20) The Elusive Obvious or Basic Feldenkrais (2 Copies Sold)
21) The Potent Self: A Study of Spontaneity and Compulsion (2 Copies Sold)
22) Waitress (Amazon Instant Video) (1 Copy sold)
24) Adrift: Seventy-six Days Lost at Sea (1 Copy sold)
25) Awareness Heals: The Feldenkrais Method For Dynamic Health (1 Copy sold)
And here are the next 25 items. Just a sample of 159 books that were sold overall. Each only sold one item:
16) Getting Unstuck
You may wonder what one kind of income one can make from using the Amazon system. The answer is “not much.” All of the links above and most of the links to Amazon on this site are “affiliate” links. When someone clicks and then purchases, I get a referral fee of a about 5% of the order. I have sold several thousand dollars worth of products for Amazon and have received about $100 in affiliate commissions. Financially it was not worth the time or effort. But it was interesting as an experiment and a way to learn about affiliate marketing. I am a member of another affiliate program, the one for E-Junkie that pays me about $230 per month and I get perhaps $400 per year promoting Bluehost.
However, for me, the real benefit of affiliate marketing has been the online psychotherapy conferences that I have created with my business partner Rob McNeilly. We have paid out ten’s of thousands of dollars to the affiliates who promote our conferences and have made a similar amount.